Title: Development & Special Projects Associate
Supervisor: Director of Development
Location: Remote (may require in-person attendance for meetings, events, or as
otherwise directed by Supervisor)
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt, No Overtime
Schedule: At a minimum, Monday–Friday, 9:00am–5:00pm EST with a 30-minute lunch break each day (37.5 hours/week); Additional hours as required to meet job duties and responsibilities
The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s (AGF) mission is to make young voices and votes a powerful force in democracy. Our vision is that young people will become active, engaged citizens who ensure a just democracy and sustainable future. Our goal is to empower the next generation of civic leaders by adhering to our five guiding principles:
- We believe in a just democracy that is inclusive and equitable for all.
- We bring together passionate leaders who believe in our mission and use integrity and innovation to achieve our goals.
- We build an engaged community that values open dialogue, collaboration, and honest communication.
- We encourage our people to take civic action that leads to a more just and sustainable future.
- We foster empowered learning that results in personal and professional growth.
The Andrew Goodman Foundation seeks a Development & Special Projects Associate to support a robust and fast-paced development program focused on raising critical funds to support youth civic engagement. The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated team player with administrative support, nonprofit development and/or business development/operations experience, and a passion for AGF’s mission. She/he/they will play a critical role in supporting the Development Director and team to assist in the growth of AGF's existing fundraising efforts, database operations, and systems-streamlining to increase overall fundraising efficiency. This full-time position reports directly to the Director of Development.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the support of fundraising an approximately $2.3 million annual budget from private foundations, individuals, and corporations.
- Provide administrative support to the Development team and CEO including scheduling, preparing meeting documents, managing timelines, and external communications.
- Support development of donor pitch books and other presentation materials, including undertaking research, data collection and analysis, and developing reports.
- Ensure optimal performance of CRM and related applications to maximize AGF’s fundraising success. This includes regular data entry, report/query pulls, and routine data cleansing in our CRM and related applications.
- Write and update materials including acknowledgement/thank you/substantiation letters, forms and renewals, campaign materials for the organization, with the guidance of the Director of Development.
- Assist with all aspects of donor moves management: identification, research, cultivating, ask, stewarding, renewal, and tracking.
- Work with key operations staff to reconcile the department’s revenues on a month-to-month basis.
- Organize executive outreach and calendar regarding development initiatives and special projects.
- Manage timelines, organization and outreach for all special projects, events, and new funding streams established.
- Assist with management of communications/outreach to prospective funders.
Team Member Expectations:
- Execute all tasks assigned by supervisor or project leader diligently, on schedule, and to the highest standard.
- Work with team members to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly targets.
- Participate in meetings and voice concerns as well as suggestions for improvement.
- Answer or escalate concerns and queries from collaborators or other stakeholders.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism while representing the organization.
- Manage your time effectively by prioritizing urgent tasks.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Comfort working with interactive databases, including running reports and updating files; CRM platform experience required; Salesforce experience desirable.
- Excellent virtual, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with a demonstrated track record of establishing effective systems that foster collaboration and improve efficiency.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends for occasional events and conferences.
- Experience working with Excel, PowerPoint and/or Canva.
- Maintain daily access to internet connectivity, computer, smart phone, or tablet.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences into our team. The Andrew Goodman Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employee and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record (inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotions, transfers, compensation, and training.