The Andrew Goodman Foundation’s (AGF) mission is to make young voices and votes a powerful force in democracy. Our vision is that young people will become active, engaged citizens who ensure a just democracy and sustainable future. Our goal is to empower the next generation of civic leaders by adhering to our five guiding principles:
- We believe in a just democracy that is inclusive and equitable for all.
- We bring together passionate leaders who believe in our mission and use integrity and innovation to achieve our goals.
- We build an engaged community that values open dialogue, collaboration, and honest communication.
- We encourage our people to take civic action that leads to a more just and sustainable future.
- We foster empowered learning that results in personal and professional growth.
The Senior Digital Community Manager is responsible for curating digital tools, resources, and trainings for young activists, entrepreneurs, and leaders, as well as interacting with the members of AGF’s digital community network. The Senior Digital Community Manager will work to engage members of the digital community, digital Ambassadors, and Digital Track mentors/volunteers. The Senior Digital Community Manager will be responsible for collecting metrics related to content and will work with the Director of Digital Strategy and Advocacy to measure the impact of our content and messaging. They will also work with AGF’s external digital community platform vendor to ensure content is displayed appropriately and provide feedback on the platform. The Senior Digital Community Manager will be a part of the Digital team, report to the Director of Digital Strategy and Advocacy, and work closely with the Communications team and the Program Managers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage engagement with digital community including digital ambassadors and digital community members
- Manage digital community mentors and volunteer moderators
- Manage partner content delivery via the digital community platform
- Record and report feedback from the digital community to the AGF team
- Translate interactive, digital trainings geared towards young leaders, activists, and entrepreneurs from AGF resources to the digital community platform
- Write email, SMS, and social media copy to share information about digital trainings and resources
- Work with the Director of Digital Strategy and Advocacy to provide a positive UX for young people engaged with AGF
- Contribute to collaborative brainstorms and planning sessions to increase the quality of AGF content
- Analyze content performance to determine future messaging strategy
- Complete more duties as assigned
Team Member Expectations:
- Execute all tasks assigned by supervisor or project leader diligently, on schedule, and to the highest standard
- Work with team members to achieve daily, weekly, and monthly targets
- Participate in meetings and voice concerns as well as suggestions for improvement
- Answer or escalate concerns and queries from collaborators or other stakeholders
- Maintain a high level of professionalism while representing the organization
- Manage your time effectively by prioritizing urgent tasks
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Social media management experience
- Community management experience
- Graphic design experience
- Volunteer management is a plus
- Curriculum development experience is a plus
- Experience in voting rights space is a plus
- Experience in marketing is a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to connect digitally
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management skills, including penchant for organization and prioritization
- Innovative, passionate, self-starter who is also a team player
- Strong belief in an equitable and inclusive democracy and youth leadership development
- High level of initiative and dependability
- Commitment to excellence
- Familiarity with Asana, Dropbox, Gmail, Google Drive, Mac OS, and Slack preferred
- Maintain daily access to internet connectivity, computer, smart phone, or tablet
- Visit campuses and attend in-person events as necessary
- Represent AGF at relevant civic engagement, voting rights, and higher education conferences
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Andrew Goodman Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and welcome people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences into our team. The Andrew Goodman Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employee and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, criminal record (inquiries only), handicap (disability), mental illness, sexual orientation, genetics, active military, or any other protected class in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotions, transfers, compensation, and training.